The Banana Diet: Lose 20 Pounds In Less Than A Month!
If you want to improve your physical condition, then the morning banana diet is a flexible way to do that. This diet became popular in Japan in 2008 and is intended to cause weight loss. The creators of this diet claimed that by eating bananas and drinking room temperature water can cause weight loss irrespective of what is consumed during the remaining part of the day. The diet is really simple and easy to follow. The most important thing about the banana diet is that it’s a tasty way to lose weight.
The most important thing about this diet is that the dieter has to eat as many bananas as they want with room temperature water for breakfast. There is no restriction on lunch and dinner. You can eat one or more bananas between the meals but no other dessert is permitted. Nothing has to be eaten after 8 p.m. and the dieter must go to bed by midnight.
This Is How The Sample Diet Plan Looks Like:
There are many different theories that explain this diet effectiveness. Some of the most common ideas are:
- The bananas contain many enzymes that speed up the process of digestion by reducing the amount of time needed by the intestines to digest food. This results to losing weight.
- The bananas are a storehouse of resistant starch which lengthens the feeling of fullness. Resistant starch also ferments in the digestive tract that increase fat burning by 20%-25%.
- Theories have speculated that a water in room temperature improves digestion and reduces hunger. Moreover banana plus water results in elimination of constipation symptoms.
- The digestive process is further enhanced due to early intake of dinner and avoidance or reduction of evening snacks, thus resulting in sounder sleep and more energy in the morning
- Doing away with mandatory exercise and allowing afternoon sweets reduces stress, leading to prevention of overeating.
The Rules of Banana Diet:
1. You need to eat one or more bananas for breakfast. The inventor of this diet ate 4 small bananas. The bananas should be raw, uncooked and unfrozen as they are rich in enzymes.
2. You can choose anything for your lunch and dinner. However, it is good to cut the amount of food intake and substitutes for fried food as it is a diet at the end of the day.
3. Afternoon snack of cookies and the like is allowed at about 3 p.m. Ice cream, donut and potato chips are forbidden.
4. It is good to have dinner before 8 p.m. and stay away from desserts. Your sweet tooth can be satisfied by having fruits.
5. Another rule of the diet is that you must go to sleep before midnight. The rationale behind this advice is sound as scientific studies show a relationship between sleep deprivation and obesity.
6. Dairy products and alcohol are not allowed on this diet. The only beverage that may be consumed with meals is room temperature water.
7. Much exercise is not required. A little bit of walking every day is preferable.
The Effectiveness of Banana Diet:
The success of this diet cannot be attributed to any special fat burning qualities of bananas. It is more likely the outcome of following the other rules of the diet such as eating only at specific times of the day and avoiding desserts. As long as dieters do not consume excess calories in their meals, there will be a reduction in calories that will promote weight loss. Thus, the positive effects of this diet are due to the fact that being on a diet in general makes the people aware of what they are eating.